Carbon Nanotubes & Nanofluids
The green house effect is considered as one of the most important environmental problems that hu- manity faces. CO2 is acknowledged as the most conspicuous greenhouse gas, with its atmospheric concentration being continuously increased. More than 30 billion tons of CO2 are being produced every year with fossil fuel power plants along with the increasing number of all kinds of vehicles to be the main releasing sources. The high amounts of CO2 increasingly dispersed in the atmosphere have motivated academia and industry to develop new technologies for CO2 sequestration and storage. To support the development of the Nanogreen Gas Filter - Carbon Nanotubes Gas Filter for CO2 filtration, which has attracted the interest of major manufacturers with (potential) impact on global scale (UK Patent 2479257-A, US Patent 20130042762 A1) – we have performed a number of Molecular Dynamics studies to shed light on carbon adsorption from single- and multi-walled CNTs.
- D. Drikakis, N. Asproulis, D. Mantzalis, Carbon Dioxide Capture Using Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubes, Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, under review, 2014.
- D. Mantzalis, N. Asproulis, D. Drikakis, The effects of defects in CO2 diffusion through Carbon Nanotubes, Chemical Physics Letters, 2014, accepted (in print).
- D. Mantzalis, N. Asproulis, D. Drikakis, Characterization of CO2 flow through charged carbon nanotubes, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 362(1), 2012.
- D. Mantzalis, N. Asproulis, D. Drikakis, Carbon dioxide transport in carbon nanopores, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 362(1), 2012.
- D. Mantzalis, N. Asproulis, D. Drikakis, Enhanced Carbon dioxide adsorption through Carbon Nanoscrolls, Physical Review E, 84(6), 06634, 2011
- D. Mantzalis, N. Asproulis, D. Drikakis, Filtering carbon dioxide through carbon nanotubes, Chemical Physics Letters, Vol. 506, 1-3, 81-85, 2011.
- J.S. Pushparajalingam, M. Kalweit, M. Labois, D. Drikakis, Molecular dynamics of adsorption of argon on graphene, carbon nanotubes and carbon nanotubes bundles, Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, 6(10), 2156-2163, 2009.